A Piece of NC History

King-Bazemore-Exterior1

Source: www.hopeplantation.org

The King-Bazemore house was originally owned and built by planter William King in Bertie County, NC. It was built in 1763 and is one of the few remaining examples of the “hall and parlor” design. The building was moved to the nearby Hope Mansion (home of former NC governor David Stone) for restoration in 1978. Both buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places. The grandfather of one of our foresters, Stephen, was partially raised in this house.

Hope Plantation is open to the public and offers tours daily. For more information visit:  http://www.hopeplantation.org/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.